The Effective JHSC
This publication is designed to provide JHSC members with the tools and information to function more effectively as a team.
This publication is designed to provide Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) members with the tools and information to function more effectively as a team. Content goes beyond legislative compliance to provide actionable guidance for existing and new committees.
What topics will be covered?
- Chapter 1: What is a JHSC? (when required, purpose, IRS, roles and responsibilities).
- Chapter 2: Forming a JHSC (establishment, recruitment, organization, terms of reference).
- Chapter 3: Running Effective JHSC Meetings (administration, duties).
- Chapter 4: Making Effective Recommendations (purpose, types, responding).
- Chapter 5: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Your JHSC (measurement, reporting).
- Appendix (guiding principles, additional supporting information and examples).
What are the benefits?
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Learn about their roles and responsibilities
- Gain understanding on what makes a JHSC work well
- Utilize the self-assessment tools and information provided to evaluate existing team effectiveness
- Gain insight through best practices shared throughout the resource
- Know where to obtain additional support and resources for the growth and maturity of the JHSC.
Who is this recommended for?
- JHSC members
- Employers starting up a JHSC as well as those with established JHSCs.
How will product be delivered?
Item Number: 140-002-07-IGOT