WSPS Safety Connection - Working For Workers Ontario - MLTSD Perspective
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Safety Connection session at no-cost, join us to learn more about your workplace rights and obligations.
Registration fee per person:
This training can also be delivered exclusively for your team online or in-person at your premises at a convenient date & time.
Talk to us for availability and pricing at 1 877 494 WSPS (9777)
On December 2, 2021, the Working for Workers Act, 2021 received Royal Assent. As a result, some employers are required by the Employment Standards Act, 2000 to have a written policy on disconnecting from work. To help employees and employers, we are partnering with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to host an online information session that will provide you information on the requirements.
WSPS Safety Connection Overview
The session will be delivered by a subject-matter expert from the ministry who will:
- provide an overview of the new rules
- identify key deadlines, and
answer your questions about the new requirements (time permitting)
Join us to learn more about your workplace rights and obligations.
What Are The Benefits?
- Stay up-to-date on legislative updates, new and emerging hazards, and trending topics in health & safety.
- Engage in forward thinking discussions, gain knowledge and discover new approaches from industry colleagues.
- Network with like minded professionals.
Who Is This Recommended For?
These events are suitable for all WSPS members and customers within any industry who wish to expand their health and safety knowledge, share best practices and network with their peers.
- Health & Safety Professionals
- Health & Safety Representatives
- H&S Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Operational Leaders
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Members
How Are Safety Connections Delivered?
- Facilitated presentation - 2 hours in length with 15 minute break
- Encourages an open exchange with Q&As, scenarios and table groups discussions
- This event is not a training session