Safety Connection: Empowering Safety - MLITSD Material Handling Initiative
Duration: 1.5 Hours
This enlightening session offers a deep dive into the MLITSD material handling initiative, underlining the critical need to tackle material handling hazards that pose significant risks in the workplace. The webinar introduces a broad spectrum of material handling topics, from pedestrian safety and racking to machine safety, Lockout-Tagout (LOTO), and Manual Material Handling (MMH).
Call for availability
The webinar unveils WSPS’ enhanced Material Handling Initiative, a groundbreaking project that has been bolstered with additional funding from MLITSD. This initiative empowers businesses to manage material handling hazards and risks. The webinar will end with information on how to access these new supports, as well as a review of resources on the material handling page. These resources serve as a beacon, guiding businesses toward implementing safer material handling practices. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your understanding of material handling safety!
WSPS Safety Connection events are focused, timely virtual sessions that address hazards and risks in the Agricultural, Manufacturing and Services Sectors. AVAILABLE AT NO COST to all health & safety professionals across the province and across Canada.
What Are The Benefits?
- Stay up-to-date on legislative updates, new and emerging hazards, and trending topics in health & safety.
- Engage in forward thinking discussions, gain knowledge and discover new approaches from industry colleagues.
- Network with like minded professionals.
Who Is This Recommended For?
These events are suitable for all WSPS members and customers within any industry who wish to expand their health and safety knowledge, share best practices and network with their peers.
- Health & Safety Professionals
- Health & Safety Representatives
- Health & Safety Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Operational Leaders
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Members
How Can Session Be Delivered?
- Virtual facilitated presentation - 1.5 hours in length.
- Encourages an open exchange with Q&As and discussions through virtual chat.
- This event is not a training session.
Important: Requirements For Virtual Training
WSPS uses the Microsoft Teams platform for Safety Connection webinars.
- A laptop or desktop.
- A recent version of Chrome or Edge.
- A strong internet connection.
- If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi. Headset or earbuds are highly recommended.