Landscape Safety Awareness
Learn how to work safely in the Landscape Industry and get familiar with common hazards in the workplace.
Duration: 1 Hour
Price per person:
Landscape Safety Training Overview
This eCourse will provide information and tools to ensure all workers in the landscape industry work safely and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). It will also highlight common hazards in the workplace and outline ways to prevent these hazards from causing injuries, illnesses or even fatalities.
What topics will be covered?
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Landscape Hazards
- Tools and Resources
What are the benefits?
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of workplace parties and illustrate how they work together to create and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Identify the three rights of workers, as outlined in the OHSA.
- Indicate the importance of establishing a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) and or a Health and Safety representative and their role in the workplace as outlined in the OHSA.
- Identify the top hazards in the landscape industry as well as ways to prevent injuries, illnesses and fatalities.
- Demonstrate what actions to take in case a critical injury were to occur in the workplace.
Who is this recommended for?
Workers and Managers in the Landscape Industry.
How can training be delivered?
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
Item Number: ELSAE-P0380EN