Due Diligence in Occupational Health & Safety
Discover practical steps to implement due diligence in your workplace.
Duration: 1 Hour
Price per person:
The term "due diligence" is commonly used when describing the need to manage workplace health and safety risks.
- You will learn about the legal significance of due diligence while also exploring the four main factors that determine the level of action required to achieve it.
- More importantly, you will learn about best practices that can be implemented to help you develop a safety culture that supports the achievement of due diligence for the safety and the protection of the people that work and visit your workplace.
- Learn how to establish due diligence in your workplace and the legal implications.
What topics will be covered?
- Due diligence: the basics
- Applications in occupational health and safety law
- Factors to consider
- Establishing and practicing due diligence
What are the benefits?
Upon completion of the course the participant will know how to:
- Define "due diligence" as used in the context of occupational health and safety
- Explain when and how due diligence is used as a legal defense
- Understand the four factors determining the level of action required to achieve due diligence
- Recognize the basic elements of an occupational health and safety program for any workplace
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of employers, supervisors, and workers
- Take practical steps to establish due diligence in your workplace
Who is this recommended for?
- Managers and supervisors
- Health and safety committee members
How can training be delivered?
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
Also available in French.
Content for this course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and reviewed by labour, employer and government representatives to ensure a balanced perspective.
The cost is based on the total number of seats purchased. Multi-seat pricing is based on the single user seat price with the following volume discounts applied:
|100 - 999
|1000 - 1999
This course is also available in
Item Number: EDUDIL-P2120EN