Safe Material Handling: Enhancing Compliance Efforts through an Ergonomic Lens
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Join us for an informative webinar for employers both large and small, where WSPS Ergonomists, Don Patten and Laura Veldhuyzen, along with MLITSD Provincial Ergonomist Lisa Hooper look at material handling in both farming and industrial manufacturing sectors.
Registration fee per person: $0.00
This webinar will explore how applying ergonomic principles to material movement, storage and handling in the workplace can help achieve compliance and optimize health and productivity. Key areas of discussion will include the movement of loads within the workspace, manual handling of loads, and the storage of loads in the workplace. Each topic will be explored with a focus on ergonomic factors, highlighting their impact on operator safety, productivity, and control of pedestrian interaction. We will address crucial aspects such as workstation layout and design, hazard awareness, optimization of repetitive lifting tasks, and the importance of proper storage practices.
What Are The Benefits?
- Stay up-to-date on legislative updates, new and emerging hazards, and trending topics in health & safety.
- Engage in forward thinking discussions, gain knowledge and discover new approaches from industry colleagues.
- Network with like minded professionals.
Who Is This Recommended For?
These events are suitable for all WSPS members and customers within any industry who wish to expand their health and safety knowledge, share best practices and network with their peers.
- Health & Safety Professionals
- Supervisors, Managers
- Health & Safety Representatives
- Health & Safety Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Operational Leaders
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Members
How Can Session Be Delivered?
- Virtual facilitated presentation - 1.5 hours in length.
- Encourages an open exchange with Q&As and discussions through virtual chat.
- This event is not a training session
Important: Requirements For Virtual Training
This session will be delivered using MS Teams