Inspecting and Maintaining Steel Storage Racks
Duration: 1 Day
REVISED! Reduce the risk of racking collapse. Learn how to properly inspect and maintain steel storage racks using the new CSA A344-17 User Guide for Steel Storage Racks.
NOW available through virtual classroom training!
Registration fee per person:
Shop courses by location
Storage racks are used extensively in industry, but are commonly neglected. Damage from forklift strikes and heavy loads is cumulative and can lead to racking collapse if the damage is not identified and fixed in time. Consequences of a collapse include:
- Serious injuries and fatalities involving employees and/or customers
- Damage to property and products
- Disruption to business
- Potential prosecutions, fines & imprisonment
Reduce the risk of racking collapse. Learn how to properly inspect and maintain steel storage racks using the new CSA A344-17 User Guide for Steel Storage Racks.
Developed in exclusive partnership with CSA, this one-day, instructor-led course guides participants through the new CSA A344.17 User Guide for Steel Storage Racks and provides them with the knowledge and experience to inspect racks and recognize hazards; gauge the severity of rack damage; and determine what to do before modifying racks or introducing new ones.
- Reduce the risk of costly losses involving racking systems
- Build staff knowledge and proficiency in the areas of inspecting & maintaining racking systems
- Improve consistency of approach when multiple work locations are involved
- Demonstrate due diligence
- Facilitated by a WSPS technical expert qualified in steel storage racking systems and with in-depth knowledge of the new CSA A344-17 user guide
- Can be personalized to any sector or workplace including those with multiple locations
- Includes a sample rack inspection checklist
- Bonus: Each participant receives a printed copy of the new CSA A344-17 User Guide for Steel Storage Racks - a retail value of over $90!
What topics will be covered?
- Introduction to the inspection and maintenance sections of the CSA User Guide for Steel Storage Racks
- A simulated rack inspection using a comprehensive exercise
- Learning which rack modifications may trigger the need for a pre-start health and safety review under section 7 of Ontario's Industrial Regulations
What are the benefits?
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Recognize general rack hazards
- Identify key areas to check when inspecting racks
- Recognize and assess the severity of rack damage
- Understand rack modifications and the need for pre-start reviews (PSRs)
- Conduct a rack inspection through a comprehensive simulated exercise
Who is this recommended for?
This course is intended for workplace parties in warehousing environments such as warehousing for logistics, freight forwarders & brokers; manufacturing; foodstuff storage & distribution; and retail and wholesale operations.
By position, the course is ideally suited for:
- Managers & supervisors
- Health & safety personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Others responsible for inspecting & maintaining steel storage racks
How can training be delivered?
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905 614 1400 or 1 877 494 WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
CSA offers this program at locations outside of Ontario. To register or for additional information visit the CSA Group Learning Institute.