Confined Spaces Legislative Update for the Federal Sector
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Safety Connection session at no-cost discussing the effects the pandemic has had on the way we live, work, study and play and the resulting increased levels of stress, anxiety and loneliness that are impacting the mental health of employees who work remotely.
Registration fee per person:
Shop courses by location
Is your workplace federally regulated? Does your workplace include confined spaces?
WSPS Safety Connection Overview
Effective October 1, 2021 Part XI Confined Spaces of the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations has been amended and includes significant changes, such as:
- A new classification of "hazardous confined spaces"
- When reinspection and hazard assessment is required
- An increase in minimum level of oxygen from 18% to 19.5%
- Emergency procedure requirements for all confined spaces, not just those with hazardous atmospheres
- More stringent training requirements
Join us to learn about these changes and others to ensure you remain compliant with legal requirements and more importantly, continue to conduct safe confined space entries.
What Are The Benefits?
- Stay up-to-date on legislative updates, new and emerging hazards, and trending topics in health & safety.
- Engage in forward thinking discussions, gain knowledge and discover new approaches from industry colleagues.
- Network with like minded professionals.
Who Is This Recommended For?
These events are suitable for all WSPS members and customers within any industry who wish to expand their health and safety knowledge, share best practices and network with their peers.
- Health & Safety Professionals
- Health & Safety Representatives
- H&S Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Operational Leaders
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Members