JHSC Certification Part 1 eLearning
Book CPO-approved online Joint Health and Safety (JHSC) Certification Part 1 for Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) members. This certification eCourse is open to all individuals and groups, regardless of sector. CPO approved | 2-day online self-paced program | Available 24/7
Duration: 2 Days
Price per person:
It is a requirement of the JHSC Certification Program Standard that the eLearning course is fully completed within 30 days from the date that you purchase the course.
Overview: Joint Health and Safety Committee Part 1 Online
- This 2-day eLearning program covers the first part of the training required for you to be a member of a workplace Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC).
- Combined with JHSC Certification Part 2, it leads to certification under Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MLITSD) guidelines.
- Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS) is an Ontario Chief Prevention Office (CPO) approved training provider for the JHSC Certification Part 1 training program.
What topics will be covered?
Each module in this online training program highlights specific references to the JHSC Certification Training Program Standard as set out by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MLITSD), and is applicable to any workplace in Ontario. These standards are referred to as the course objectives.
In WSPS eCert, you will learn about:
- Relevant occupational health and safety legislation
- Your legal rights and responsibilities as a JHSC member
- Common workplace hazards and key steps to addressing them
- How to conduct workplace inspections and incident investigations
- How to function effectively as a JHSC member
What are the benefits?
Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
- Know about the duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers as well as workers' rights.
- Know about hazard recognition, assessment, control and evaluation.
- Know about the legislative requirements of a JHSC and the functions, powers and duties of its members.
- Find out what the duties and responsibilities of certified members are and how to be an effective committee.
- Know the purpose and understand the principles for conducting effective workplace inspections.
- Know about the legal requirements for reporting and investigating fatalities and critical injuries.
- Know how to find and use information in the workplace (e.g. statistics) and identify trends.
- Know how to access information and resources from health and safety organizations.
Who is this recommended for?
- New and existing JHSC members
- Supervisors, managers and other workplace parties who wish to obtain health and safety knowledge
How can training be delivered?
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
Item Number: EJHSC-P0553EN