Safety Connection - Naloxone Kits: Understand how it Impacts your Workplace
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Effective June 1, 2023, there is new legislation under the Occupational Health and Safety Act that requires employers with a known risk for a worker to experience an opioid-related harm in the workplace to have a naloxone kit.
Registration fee per person:
This training can also be delivered exclusively for your team online or in-person at your premises at a convenient date & time.
Talk to us for availability and pricing at 1 877 494 WSPS (9777)
How To Register
To find a date and time that works for you click on "online instructor led sessions"
Not every workplace is required to have naloxone kits and trained individuals. This free safety connection will provide insight and understanding into the legislation so you are better equipped to make decisions around this requirement. The session will cover when a kit is required, what needs to be in the kit, where to store the kit, training, and other considerations. WSPS will share an assessment tool and work through some scenarios to help shed light on this requirement.
What Are The Benefits?
- Stay up-to-date on legislative updates, new and emerging hazards, and trending topics in health & safety.
- Engage in forward thinking discussions, gain knowledge and discover new approaches from industry colleagues.
- Network with like minded professionals.
Who Is This Recommended For?
These events are suitable for all WSPS members and customers within any industry who wish to expand their health and safety knowledge, share best practices and network with their peers.
- Health & Safety Professionals
- Health & Safety Representatives
- H&S Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Operational Leaders
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Members
How Can Session Be Delivered?
- Virtual facilitated presentation - 1.5 hours in length
- Encourages an open exchange with Q&As and discussions through virtual chat
- This event is not a training session