Chemical Management for Small Business
Duration: 30 Minutes
When most folks think "chemicals" they think "WHMIS", but there's more to chemical safety than labels, training, and data sheets!
Registration fee per person: $0.00
This session will cover the basics every small business should know to recognize, assess, and control chemical risks. We'll clarify legal requirements, give inventory management tips to save money, discuss ways to engage your health and safety rep or JHSC and supervisors in chemical safety, highlight common gaps for small businesses, and identify triggers for when to call in an expert.
What Topics Will Be Covered?
- Clarify Ontario legal requirements for chemicals
- How to recognize, assess, and control chemical hazards
- Engaging your Health & Safety Rep, JHSC, and supervisors in chemical safety
- Control measures to prevent chemical exposure
- Keeping families safe from workplace chemicals
- Documents for due diligence
- When to call an expert for hands-on help
Who Is This Recommended For?
This event is suitable for small businesses within any industry who wish to expand their health and safety knowledge.
- Small Business Owners
- Health & Safety Professionals
- Health & Safety Representatives
- H&S Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Members